After making a comment on Cee Neuner’s post, it started to bring back some rather unhappy memories for me. Then I went to Cristi’s latest post and saw the video he put on there. The video finished, it came up with the other ones by the same artist or of that genre. One of them was a track made me decide that I needed to do something to get out of my situation I was in.
Music really CAN make a difference to your life. If you hear the right words, it can give the push you need.
Posted in Life, Music
Tagged Life, Music
Cristi from Simple.Interesting has nominated me the Very Inspiring Blogger Award. Thank you so much for this.
The rules are:
- Link back to the person who nominated you
- Post the award image to your page
- Tell seven facts about yourself
- Nominate 15 other blogs
1. Thanks again, Cristi, I am honoured that you nominated me. If you haven’t been to Simple.Interesting yet, go round there now. It’s well worth the visit. It opens in a new window/tab
- The Very Inspiring Blogger Award is the one that I have always to have since I started blogging.
- My favourite game series is Mass Effect
- I brought my first computer in 1984 which was a Commodore 16
- I had a tattoo of a phoenix to signify that my life could restart after my divorce
- I have a collection of eight Mass Effect figures
- I prefer Blu-Ray to DVD
- I try to find Easter eggs in films
4. These inspirational blogs are in alphabetical order.
- Alice through the Macro Lens - I would love to be able to take some of the shots that “Alice” does
- An Autism Dad - It’s great what he does for and with his kids. And documents it all which may well help other people who have children with an ASD.
- Bad Puppet Productionz - Photos of all different things and models are just awesome.
- Being Julz - If it wasn’t for her, I wouldn’t have any awards, any followers, or any blog.
- Chocolates and Raspberries - I love the outfits and designs.
- Denisa Aricescu - Once translated from Romanian to English, the poetry is wonderful
- Film Photography Is Not Dead - What Ricardo doesn’t put about film cameras is not worth knowing.
- Kaboom - The photos are amazing, and the food looks fantastic with recipes that are easy to follow
- My Life With Autistic Kids - Having to raise more than one child with autism is a feat that should definitely be commended
- Photo Nature Blog - The photography is total brilliance
- Ripley Connor - Brilliantly written from the view of someone who is not entirely human
- Seeing Spots Photography - Setting challenges and giving advice that can be followed to take even better photos
- The Green-Walled Tower - The stories are so well written, you can believe them.
- UnfetteredBS - Another poetry blog that is very easy to read, and will have you going back for more
- When I Ride - Very few blogs are to do with horses, and this one in particular is interesting inasmuch as it is someone who writes as well.
All the blogs I follow are very good, and it was very difficult to choose just fifteen.
For the last photo of the day for the month (sounds odd that) I chose these flowers that were growing outside a church. I’m hoping that someone will be able to tell me what they are. I like the way that the raindrops have stayed put on the petals.
Posted in A Photo A Day, Flowers, July, Photography, Photos, Plants, Weather
Tagged Flowers, July, Life, Nature, Photo A Day, Photography, Photos, Weather
I nearly left this too late. Seeing Spots have done a collaborative project which is silhouettes. While I thought this would be easy, it actually wasn’t. Trying to get the silhouette just dark enough was a little on the difficult side (for me anyway) as I kept having too much light on the subject. In the end, I managed to get a shot of my son looking at me from our back door.
Posted in Community Collaborative Project, Family, Home, July, Kids, Photography, Photos
Tagged Community Collaborative Project, Family, July, Kids, Life, Photos