There have been several posts that I have been very nervous about posting. I think the one of the two I was MOST nervous about though, had to be “Sometimes“. I read a poem by the brilliant poet, Christina of Reconstructing Christina called Evermore. It was my first ever poem and I was in a very place at the time of writing it. The poem was about how I felt at the time.
Sometimes I don’t want to care
Sometimes I want to lay my soul bare
Sometimes I want to think like others think
Sometimes I have watched and felt my heart sink
Sometimes I don’t want to give a damn about anything
Sometimes I want to hide when I hear the phone ring
Sometimes I want to look at things and say “yeah so what!”
Sometimes I want to be nothing more than a speck or a dot
Sometimes I wish I could think “this is a violin playing just for you”
Sometimes I wish there were nice things I could just say or do
Sometimes I want to curl up into a ball and ignore the world
Sometimes I wish I could go back to before my world unfurled
Sometimes I want to shut out all of the world’s noises
Sometimes I wish I had never made the wrong choices
Sometimes I just want to cry
Sometimes I just want to ….
The second that I was extremely worried about was a poem completely out of my comfort zone. I am only going to put a link to it, and I will warn you that it alludes to a highly sexual encounter with sexual imagery.
this is a link to the poem
As for showing “Free” it has to be this photo.
Other released posts
- Daily Prompt: Release me – Out with the old, in with the new | littlegirlstory
- Daily Propmt: Release Me | Under the Monkey Tree
- Daily Prompt: Release Me | Awl and Scribe
- Daily Prompt: Release Me | Chicomallorca’s Blog
- The Funny Song | JC Bride ~
- ••Set !t Free•• | mët•aRVhëë•n✪ia
- Daily Prompt: Release Me #photography | ThisCornerOfTheWoods
- Nervous nah, not me | RPMAS
- Daily Prompt: Release Me | A Mixed Bag