Honesty is always the best policy, but there are times that the lips should stay firmly sealed either to protect someone. or stop them from being hurt. There is always the evasive response.
Does my bum look big in this?
You look good.
This avoids the question completely whilst making them think that you have given an answer. It protects their feelings. Especially if their bum looks a little large.
You catch your best friend’s spouse with someone.
I saw your other half with someone.
This could be absolutely anything. Could be sorting out a surprise. Could be an innocuous meeting – two old friends. Saying something could cause problems that aren’t there. Better to find out first, and give them the option of saying to their partner.
Sometimes the truth is necessary to avoid, but an outright lie is never a good idea, and never will be.
To be unhappy with the truth is better than to be happy with a lie.
No lies … here are some others
- You Can Take Your Bucket List And Shove It | The Jittery Goat
- Misprints, Miscommunications and Lies | As I please
- To reason with God | A Teacher’s Blog
- Truth Or Dare | My Little Avalon
- Cross my Heart | Rose-tinted Rambles
- Daily Prompt: Truth or Dare « cognitive reflection
- of being found out « Anawnimiss
- Truth | Momma Said There’d Be Days Like This
- Daily Prompt: Truth or Dare | “The Ish,” presented by the Bohemian Rock Star
- Truth or Dare | Geek Ergo Sum
- DP Daily Prompt: Truth or Dare | Sabethville
- The Bare Truth | A mom’s blog
- 4: When God told me the truth | 365 days of defiance
- The truth or not the truth, that is the question. (Daily Prompt – Truth or Dare) | L5GN
- Truth | thinkerscap
- Honestly, you are a FRIGHT!! Daily Prompt | alienorajt
- Daily Prompt: Truth or Dare | Awl and Scribe
- Daily Prompt: Truth or Dare | Incidents of a Dysfunctional Spraffer
- Truth – Weekly Photo Challenge | maydabosco
- Daily Prompt: Truth or Dare | A Mixed Bag