After pressing my Random Post button a few times (on the right, below A Mixed Bag Facebook page – says A Mixed Bag on the image) and finding things that either were done in the last couple of months, or have no relevance in today’s blogging, I came across this one and it always makes me laugh. This Throwback Thursday is from October 12 2012.
°°° ~~~ ___ ~~~ °°°
A new priest at his first mass was so nervous he could hardly speak. After mass he asked the Monsignor how he had done. The Monsignor replied, “When I am worried about getting nervous on the pulpit, I put a glass of vodka next to the water glass. If I start to get nervous, I take a sip.”
So next Sunday he took the Monsignor’s advice. At the beginning of the sermon, he got nervous and took a drink. He proceeded to talk up a storm. Upon his return to his office after mass, he found the following note on the door:
- Sip the Vodka, don’t gulp.
- There are 10 commandments, not 12.
- There are 12 disciples, not 10.
- Jesus was consecrated, not constipated.
- Jacob wagered his donkey, he did not bet his ass.
- We do not refer to Jesus Christ as the late J.C.
- The Father, Son, and Holy Ghost are not referred to as Daddy, Junior and the Spook.
- David slew Goliath, he did not kick the shit out of him.
- When David was hit by a rock and knocked off his donkey, don’t say he was stoned off his ass.
- We do not refer to the cross as the “Big T”.
- When Jesus broke the bread at the Last Supper he said, “Take this and eat it for it is my body.” He did not say “Eat me.”
- The Virgin Mary is not called “Mary with the Cherry.”
- The recommended grace before a meal is not: Rub-A-Dub-Dub thanks for the grub, yeah God.
- Next Sunday there will be a Taffy pulling contest at St. Peter’s, not a Peter pulling contest at St. Taffy’s.